Man sues e-cigarette store for $1million after batteries explode in his cargo shorts and give him second degree burns on his crotch

in the press

state-side

A Texas man is suing the store where he bought electronic cigarette batteries after they exploded in his pocket and caused injuries to his thighs and scrotum. David Powell, of Arlington, is seeking a minimum of $1million after receiving first and second degree burns from the incident that occurred while he was playing kickball at his daughter’s birthday party. The two lithium-ion batteries Mr Powell bought from Vixen Vapors a couple days earlier were not struck, but exploded in his cargo shorts and sent ‘a scathing hot mixture of shrapnel’ into his groin. Read full article

Christopher Brenann. (12 March 2015) Man sues e-cigarette store for $1million after batteries explode in his cargo shorts and give him second degree burns on his crotch [newspaper]. Retrieved from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2991815/Man-sues-e-cigarette-store-1million-batteries-explode-cargo-shorts-send-sparks-flying-crotch-kickball-game.html

Advertisements

Drop Dr B' your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s